All 57 art Reviews

Jill's hidin somethin! Jill's hidin somethin!

Awesome job, the angle is interesting and the lines are unique

FreakinBamBam responds:

Thanks bud!

Deckard Spices Things Up Deckard Spices Things Up

Grate job. You did an awesome job duplicating the art style. I do feel like his face is maybe too feminine. grate piece overall, very funny twist.

turk128 responds:

I purposely emphasized the feminine look on him. I know, his original design was all round and soft and pretty feminine already.

Riva Riva

nice angle. a little too simple for my taste. good work overall

oh no i slept all day and wasted the whole day and now im gonna keep doing it since i sleep all day oh no i slept all day and wasted the whole day and now im gonna keep doing it since i sleep all day

Pre T tri P m8
I like the circles and the contrast that along with the bright colors made it look so trippy and awesomeand maybe kind of a hangover feel to it.
This is something I would put on my wall

ZabuJard responds:

thank u so much friend. i appreciate u and your review

Mary Stark Mary Stark

I like this character and the background but the scenario given and the character put there don't seem to fit at all. First of all, the character has a feel as if it was placed randomly on the background. with the light coming from an explosion the character should have much more dramatic lighting with very high contrast between the shadows and the highlights. the highlight on the hair seems very much off. the glove rocket being off makes it even more awkward and in an occasion in wich we can see somebody's whole body they cant be close enough to make such of a distortion between the eyes, if one eye is twice as big as the other one that means that it is also twice as far away from it.
I'm not just saying it to diss on your work. In fact, I think each of these, The background and the character are awesome on their own but I fell like the piece as a whole right now is kinda bringing them both down.

upatrono responds:

Thx mate for detailed review. I do find it rather helpful. In fact I do agree that lightning factor is not as well managed as it should be.

Tropical Revo Tropical Revo

aside from looking vary unique it has very good anatomy and well placed highlights and shadows.
I do wan't to mention that the cloth feels a little off but the bright purple do give it a unique contrast from the African theme it gives off.

CyPieri responds:

Yeah, I have to agree with you, the next day I looked at it I thought it was out of place. Thanks a lot for the comment it means a lot.

The Baboon The Baboon

Amazing details, grate work on making such a unique pinup. everything in this piece makes it so unique: from the brushes to the environment to the idea of a baboon faces pinup.
(The only thing that's kinda bothering me is the belly bottom but otherwise amazing work).

In the heat In the heat

Grate work on the angle.
Very nice gradation ( although it would suggest to up the contrast).

Rejinald Rejinald

It always amazez me how natutal your drawings' positions look. How do you make them look so natural?

Goku And Vegeta Goku And Vegeta

This is pretty good but I have to point out a few things.
1) This would look so much better done neatly.
2) The lighting in dragon ball is done mostly with sharp shapes such as triangles.
3) You really shouldn't be reppeled from using reference. Reference is not cheating and it is even used by the animators on working on the show themselves to keep the characters uniform.

This is pretty good but It would be nice to see this polished and put to a background. Grate anatomy though! The position in which they are standing seems very natural.

bocodamondo responds:

yeah i know theres nothing wrong with references, its just that ive been drawing DBZ characters for soo many years now, i wanted to see how good i got by capturing akira's art style without a reference ^^